Saturday, February 20, 2016

"The Mirror"

               The Mirror
                            By Judi Hunziker

Today I saw a little girl,
with hair of gold and lots of curl.
She didn’t speak but I could see,
that long ago she looked like me.

Today I saw a girl in love,
a love so strong sent from above.
She didn’t speak but I could see,
that long ago she looked like me.

Today I saw a bride in white,
with hopes and dreams and much delight.
She didn’t speak but I could see,
that long ago she looked like me.

Today I saw a Mother of two,
blessed with boys her dreams came true.
She didn’t speak but I could see,
that long ago she looked like me.

Today I saw a Grandmother of three,
two girls and a boy so blessed was she.
She didn’t speak but I could see,
that long ago she looked like me.

Today I saw a Great Grandmother of one,
holding the hand of a little girl
with hair of gold and lots of curl.
She didn’t speak but I could see,
that now she looks just like me.

4 comments:

  1. And, that's your story...and it's a good one! Of course, there's more, but the things you wrote about are the true blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Mary, I have many blessing to be thankful for,♥ including friends like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sherri, Mark told me I should get a Good Housekeeping seal of "it's pretty good" badge. He keeps me laughing that man of mine, :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much, I appreciate your comments..