Friday, August 28, 2015

The last flowers of summer!

Cooler nights mean that before too long we will be seeing the maple trees turning color and the tourists will be seen on all the back country roads in our small town and throughout Vermont. School has started this week for most, the school bus goes by my house full of kids excited to get back home after a long day at school around three o'clock. I hear them playing outside not ten minutes after the bus arrives in the neighborhood which is such a pleasant sound. I live in a rural neighborhood where the houses are about a quarter of a mile apart from each other, some are clustered a little closer but since we are in a valley, the sounds echo throughout the area.  We can hear the baseball games in the village that is about a mile away. The fair starts tonight so we will be hearing fireworks coming from the town of Essex which is about 12 miles away, I tell you we feel like we are in fish bowl, the sounds around us seem to settle in our yard.  My most pleasant of all night sounds from distant towns is the night train which runs the length of the western part of the state from south to north. It is a lonely almost sad sound to hear the distant rumbling of the tracks and a few short whistles. I hope you all are enjoying the changing of the seasons as much as I am.

6 comments:

  1. What a delightful place to live! I've always wanted to see the spectacle of Vermont during the fall season. Your flowers are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you tell I love Vermont! I will take a day in Autumn to take some pictures and post them for you,♥

      Delete
  2. Such a pleasant thought...to be a traveler on the back country roads of your beautiful Vermont in the fall. I also think there is something a bit sad about the distant rumble of a train. I love your beautiful roses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mary, these two are my favorite rose bushes. Blessings my friend,♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos, and warm greetings from Montreal, Canada! Although it has been over a decade, I have been to Vermont many times and just love it there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Linda, I have been to your beautiful city of Montreal many many times and just love it. I had a friend who lived in West Mount who showed me the highlights of the city and old Montreal. I have not been back in about ten years but was always amazed at how clean it is and such a cultural hub for the art community.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much, I appreciate your comments..