Sunday, January 12, 2014

A New Year and A New Project!



It has been an interesting year so far. Most of us in the U.S. have had our share of winter extremes, power outages, ice and frigid temperatures. Now we are having a January thaw with temperatures in the high 40's and rain which is creating ice jams and flooding. To top off the stress level even more we have had a death in our family from cancer over the holidays and a close family member has been recently diagnosed with cancer. All of this has put a huge impact on my wanting to do much of anything in the way of doll making. I finally, as they say, picked myself up by my boot straps and started a new project. I designed a new pattern for a 12 " cloth doll. They are on the petite side and the pattern can be made larger or smaller, legs shorter or longer, you get the idea.

I have eight dolls I am currently working on which are in different stages, three are completed. I am naming them "My Fair Ladies". Pictured is a sneak peek at one of them, Lady Sarah. Stay tuned for future pictures when they are completed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much, I appreciate your comments..