Saturday, October 12, 2013

Fall in Vermont Means Antiqueing









I adventured out on my own today while Mark was finishing the cider making operation he has been working on all week...60 gallons and counting! There are two places I love to visit in the fall located in Jeffersonville, Vermont which is about a twenty minute drive from where I live in Fairfax. One shop is called The Village Sampler Gift Shop which is full of antiques and new products. This is where I scored the yardage of antique lace I posted a while ago. Today I scored seven lace trimmed collars which will make wonderful little bonnets and aprons for my dolls and a wall paper covered box to hold a special little doll. Traveling from the village of Jeffersonville about three or four miles east is a huge antique barn.  The business name is Rewind Time to 1829. I found a picture for you on their facebook page, here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/rewindtimeto1829 . Inside the barn are two floors full of all kinds of antiques from many dealers around the state. I found two baby dresses and a lace trimmed linen dresser scarf. I love it when I find little pretties for my dolls and bargain prices to boot. The total for my purchases came to $45.00. :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much, I appreciate your comments..