Monday, October 28, 2013

A Babyland Rag Doll

I just finished a rag doll using a newly released Babyland Rag doll pattern by Dixie Redmond of Northdixie Designs. You can purchase the pattern here:  http://www.northdixiedesigns.com/. My Babyland Rag doll is 27" tall made of cloth that has been stained with a tea and cinnamon mixture then baked in a 200 degree oven for about 30 minutes...15 minutes on each side. I painted her face with artist acrylics with a skin tone to match her body. She is dressed in an antique one piece slip underneath an antique baby dress. Her prairie style bonnet has a ribbon insert which can be drawn to gather around her face. I hope you like my new doll as much as I enjoyed making her. I have been searching for a large doll body pattern that is easy to use and I found it in this pattern. Thank you Dixie!