Monday, April 22, 2013

Olivia~ My Latest Work in Progress




This is Olivia! I have recently re-joined the Maida Doll Group which is hosted by Dixie Redmond.  The group is having a doll challenge to make an "Attic Find" doll, one that you might find in your Grandmother's attic. Since my favorite dolls are Izannah Walker dolls, Queen Anne dolls and China dolls I decided to try to combine them all in my creation.  Olivia has a hand sculpted clay head, down cast German glass eyes,  wood arms and legs attached to a cloth body. She has milky white painted skin like a china doll. In  the last picture she is in her birthday suit which is a stockinette covering trimmed with lace.  I took some close-up pictures of her before her limbs were attached which are above.  She is still very much in process as I need to make her undies and perhaps another outfit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much, I appreciate your comments..