Saturday, January 5, 2013

Antique Style Izannah Walker Doll

This Izannah Walker style doll is the first I have created using LaDoll clay. In comparison to Creative paper clay I have found it to be much harder on the brick. The instructions say to work it with your hands moistened before application. I found that between the moisture and the warmth of my hands it became very soft and pliable and just as easy to apply over gessoed fabric.  It does seem to be a lot smoother when water is applied, you can smooth it out very thin, has hardly any shrinkage and no cracks appeared in the neck or eyes that I have experienced with Creative clay.  I even think the drying time is shorter. I do not think the finished product is any lighter than the Creative clay is. If you aren't in a hurry to actually apply the paper clay without fuss then I would recommend this, I even think it is cheaper. I bought six bricks which are each a tad over a lb. each for $8.22 (bulk rate).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comments.